Friday, September 26, 2008

Yoga practice with your spouse

I'm going to discover what it's like to share my yoga practice with my spouse.  At want for a place for him to begin his work with the book "Moving Toward Balance: 8 Weeks of Yoga with Rodney Yee", I cleared out the other half of my office, and now he shares my space with me.  I gave him instructions to be quiet unless absolutely necessary, since my yoga practice is somewhat sacred to me.
 
Within about 10 second he said "I don't know how to set up my mats.  Do I really need two mats?  This one is curled up, I should turn it over."
 
"Work it out with yourself please, John.  You don't need to get me involved in this discussion." I grumbled as I faced the wall in my mountain pose, trying to concentrate on relaxing my face and body (and a positive attitude).
 
I still have a long ways to go in being a generous person.  Sharing my sacred space is definitely an act of love.  We'll see how long I can last :P