Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Yoga and the Child Within Me

I've been doing 30 minutes of the "Power Yoga" Rodney Yee DvD in the mornings.  I always follow it up with a sitting meditation.  The more familiar and proficient I get at doing the 30 minutes of this DvD, the more intense the workout is getting for me.  This morning, in my follow-on meditation, I found myself sinking effortlessly into a state of perfect calm and contentment.  It felt like brilliant sunshine, and I celebrated it by dedicated my practice to my mother, mother-in-law, a dying uncle, and my boss at work.  I accepted the suffering that each is going through at the moment, and gave each a silent offering of the peace that I was feeling.  It was a very nice meditation.
 
Afterwards, I went into the bathroom to take my morning shower and noticed that I had a bottle of a new type of shampoo, and I felt the child inside of me jump with glee "wheeee, a new shampoo, how fun!".
 
Yoga is bringing back the child in me :)