Thursday, October 30, 2008

More on Yoga and Religion

 
Oftentimes, I think religions see themselves as changing a person from without.  People who are lucky will take that change and begin seeing a change from within.  Yoga changes people from within.  Maybe that is one explanation why some religions feel threatened versus their members practicing yoga.
 
John has female friends and I have male friends.  Our abilites to grow as individuals strengthen our marriage.  I think that goes for everything in this world.  Anything that stifles me or tries to compartmentalize me brings my growth as a person to a halt, and although those things might help me feel better shortterm, they have never lasted longterm.  The most ideal religion for me would be one where my individuality is respected and indeed celebrated.