Wednesday, February 4, 2009

More On My Frozen Shoulder, and "Full Moon Feast" by Jessica Prentice

I've been working on my frozen shoulder for the past couple of days.  Could it be due to inflammation associated with doing 3 hours of yoga a day?  I cut down the yoga back to one hour.  Either a Power Yoga session, or a Week 8 session.  Not both.
 
I'm still learning how to read my body and know my limits.  My inclination is to quit yoga and give my body a rest.  But my intuition tells me that would be the absolute worst thing to do, and at my age, making mistakes like that would mean a sudden decrease in my well-being and good health.  So..... I half my yoga committment and keep up the work on recovering my shoulder back to working order.
 
I've been reading the book Full Moon Feast http://www.wisefoodways.com/moons/ by Jessica Prentice.  A fascinating look at food and how it has fit into man's cultural evolution.  It fills me with a deep respect and sense of spiritual gratitude for the food that I eat.